Work Visas

Australian Work Visa allow people with specific skills and experience to come to Australia and work with their sponsoring employer temporarily of permanently. The most common work visas are the 482 “Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS)” Visa, the 186 “Employer Nomination Scheme” permanent visa and the 400 Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa.

Work visa types

Employer Nomination Scheme

The Employer Nomination Scheme (“ENS”) visa (subclass 186) is mainly used by employers to nominate their TSS workers for permanent residency after 3 years.
view more

Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist)

Generally, the stay period allowed is up to 6 months, but up to 6 months may be considered in limited circumstances if supported by a strong business case.
view more

Temporary Skill Shortage ("TSS") VISA

The TSS visa is the most commonly used visa pathway for employers to sponsor overseas workers to work in Australia temporarily for up to 2 or 4 years.
view more

Skilled Workers

Skilled Visas are designed to provide temporary and permanent visa pathways for skilled people. You must be under 45 years of age and be able to meet the points test.
view more
Australian Visas
Work VisasTravel VisasAustralia's Travel Visas GuideOur Blog Articles