The TSS visa is the most commonly used visa pathway for employers to sponsor overseas workers to work in Australia temporarily for up to 2 or 4 years, with the option of renewal and the possibility to apply for a permanent visa after 3 years for certain occupations. The TSS visa is a very helpful tool for businesses to employ qualified staff in order to succeed.
Book a consultation with us to get an Assessment of your visa situation
What can you do?
This visa allows you to:
- Work in Australia for an approved sponsor for the life of your visa (which could be up to four years)
- Bring your family to work or study in Australia
- Travel in and out of Australia as often as you want for the duration of your visa
Visa Applicant Requirements
If you wish to apply for a TSS visa you must:
- Have an employer willing to sponsor you. Once this occurs you can only work for your employer.
- Receive an offer of employment for a full-time position from your sponsor, which can be either an Australian business or a foreign business seeking to start operations in Australia
- Be "nominated" to work in an approved occupation as appearing in the relevant Occupation Lists
- Have the skills, qualifications and work experience required to work in the position
- Have the necessary level of English, unless exempt
- Be eligible to hold and obtain a license or registration (if required by your occupation)
- Be paid market salary for the nominated position
To become an approved business sponsor, you must show that your business:
- Is a lawfully operating business
- There is no relevant adverse information against your business
If your business is in Australia, you must also
Meet training requirements
- Demonstrate your commitment to employing local labour
- Do not engage in discriminatory recruitment practices
Most Common Issues
The most common issues for employers and visa applicants are:
- Proving that the employer has complied with the training requirement
- Proving that the nominated position is "Genuine"
- Proving that the visa applicant has the skills & qualifications required to work in the nominated position