The Subclass 400 visa, aka Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa, is a temporary visa designed for:
The duration of this visa is generally 3 months only, but in certain specific circumstances the visa can be granted for up to 6 months where a strong business case is demonstrated. Anyone applying for this visa must be outside Australia when the application is lodged and when it is granted.
Book a consultation with us to get an Assessment of your visa situation
What can you do?
This visa allows you to:
- live in Australia for the period of visa validity
- perform the short-term, non-continuous, highly-skilled work for which you were granted your visa
- perform work in relation to Australia’s best interests (only in limited circumstances)
- bring your partner and children with you if they meet the requirements. They will not be allowed to work in Australia.
Visa Applicant Requirements
If you wish to apply for a 400 visa:
- the work you want to do or your participation in the event is short term and non-ongoing
- you have personal attributes or an employment background relevant to the work or activity
- you have enough money to support yourself and your accompanying family members while you are in Australia
- you have the support of the organisation for which you will be working or which invited you to Australia
- you meet health and character requirements.
What's 'highly specialised' work?
Highly specialised work usually works that either: